What is Omnichannel Commerce?
Omnichannel Commerce creates a seamless integration between multiple channels at once. An omnichannel will provide a personalized experience throughout the customer’s journey, whether the client is shopping from a mobile device, laptop or even in a brick-and-mortar store.
The Omnichannel operations focus to enhance the customer experience rather than stressing individual experiences on multiple channels.
Difference between Omnichannel and Multichannel:
A brand is established on multiple channels to interact with the customers. The customers expect to have a seamless experience rather than a fragmented experience on every channel. For example Apps, Websites, Emails, Social Media Channels, etc.
It is an e-commerce strategy foreseeing the customer’s journey starting from one channel and moving to another as a progression of their online purchasing journey. It completes the multichannel E-commerce, hence, optimizing online customers.
Benefits of Omnichannel E-commerce:
1. Enhanced Customer Experience –
Nine out of ten customers expect an omnichannel experience. It provides access to multiple ways to shop. The messaging must be constant on every platform to maintain hygiene.
2. Understanding Client’s Journey –
It allows for the collection and merging of customer data from multiple channels, giving a brief idea about the customer’s wants. Based on the data, a company can analyze the types of customers interested in the brand, giving them the power to personalize the customer journey.
3. Personalized Customer Experience –
Creating a personalized experience is vital to omnichannel customers as they have a 30% higher lifetime value over shoppers purchasing via a single channel.
How do you create an Omnichannel Strategy?
The shift from your single-channel strategy, like web or offline stores, to an omnichannel experience, is a tedious process.
We have highlighted a few pointers to start an Amazing Omnichannel Strategy:
1. Understand your Customer: The behaviour, Interests and Needs of your customers need to be paramount. Try to incorporate a structure to receive regular feedback to enhance your customer experience in the future.
2. Select the Ideal Channels with an Identified Purpose: Analyse the suitable channel for your ideal audience. Identify the objectives for every channel like one for interactions, one for news/ updates, etc.
3. Interconnect Multiple Channels: Select the right technology to follow your customers across all touchpoints; from reading reviews to witnessing ads, window shopping at an online marketplace to purchasing it through an offline store.
4. Maintain your Channels: Never stop exploring!! Keep updating your strategy constantly and document all the touchpoints to serve your customers. It will enhance the customer experience and make him loyal to the brand!!